Monday, July 9, 2012

Reflection: Project 3

I enjoyed Project 3 because it was structured and gave us very clear directions but also allowed us freedoms. boyd's article was interesting and I'm glad that I had to analyze that as opposed to something boring, because her article was not a drag. Although some of her points were obviously outdated, many were still relevant and made me think. To compare her articles with others, I used two other articles written by her as well as articles that reflected on the pros and cons of social networking sites. The cons ranged from hacking to cyber bullying and the pros ranged from identity formation to informal learning! It was interesting to read upon. I made sure to include statistics from reliable studies to gain credibility. 

After writing this paper, I felt I am much more updated on why people use social networking sites. I very easily can see how people use their profiles to portray themselves. The pictures they add and statuses they update (and etc.) tell so much about them - myself included. 

This paper was really relevant to the course and I'm glad we had to write it because writing an analytical essay is great practice, for research and comprehension take time. 

I'm worried about my final in one aspect though, because on my rough draft Professor Gerber told me to ask questions to boyd as if I had the opportunity to. However, with the points I included in my paper I didn't really have too many questions and I felt like I backed them up well with other sources. In hindsight, I hope this does not hurt my grade because of the spin I took on my paper and my comprehension of what she was reporting. I felt like I really understood it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment